Kimberley Adventure Quest – Broome to Broome
The 10 day Adventure Quest is an extensive exploration of the southern Kimberley, visiting many unknown sights rarely visited islands, inlets and ‘secret spots’. Enjoy pristine beaches, secluded fresh water swimming holes, ancient Aboriginal art sites and fishing for Barramundi and many more fish species.
This Broome to Broome loop visits icons such as the Horizontal Waterfalls, Montgomery Reef and the Kings Cascade waterfall to name a few. Your 10 day Kimberley cruise from Broome takes in all there is to offer of the southern Kimberley region allowing you to explore many breathtaking areas, discover the deep history of the region and enjoy unforgettable scenery.
DAY 1: BROOME – CYGNET BAY
Your Adventure Quest begins with a scenic flight from Broome to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm located on the Dampier Peninsular. On arrival you will learn about the fascinating history of pearling before being transferred to the Kimberley Quest II. Meet the captain and crew and enjoy lunch whilst crossing King Sound.
DAY 2: BUCCANEER ARCHIPELAGO, DUGONG BAY, TALBOT BAY
Wake up amongst the thousands of islands of the Buccaneer Archipelago. In and around Dugong Bay, we take a scenic tender excursion and cool off with a refreshing swim in one of the freshwater pools. Around the corner lies Talbot Bay, home to one of the icons of the Kimberley coast, the spectacular Horizontal Falls. Take a tender and head in for an up-close and exhilarating ride through this natural phenomenon. In the afternoon we take a scenic excursion up the back of Cyclone Creek to marvel at the amazing rock formations.
DAY 3: SURPRISE FALLS, SECURE BAY
Mid morning you will visit Surprise Falls for a refreshing swim. Then enter Secure Bay, watch the incredible tidal movements as we cruise through many spectacular whirlpools. Take a scenic tender excursion to witness the colours of ancient sandstone cliffs and the stunning Kimberley Rose. Late afternoon get your first taste of fishing for giant trevally, mackerel, tuna and queenfish.
DAY 4: MONTGOMERY REEF, SALE RIVER & RAFT POINT
Today we cruise to the amazing Montgomery Reef which covers more than 300km², making it Australia’s largest inshore reef. Watch as the tide falls right before your eyes, creating a spectacular waterfall effect. Take a tender ride to view many marine species, including turtles and sea birds. Later we explore the Sale River taking an excursion upstream for a dip in the spring-fed rainforest pools. On the journey home we view ancient rock art from the tenders. In the afternoon we cruise towards Steep Island, anchor below Raft Point and walk to the caves perched on the hill. Here is some of the finest well-preserved Wandjina art in the Kimberley. From the top we have an amazing view of the Kimberley Coast as the sun begins to set, capturing this unique landscape at its best.
DAY 5: DOUBTFUL BAY, RED CONE CREEK, CAMDEN SOUND
This is another day packed with adventure as we cruise towards Three Ways for barramundi fishing and mud crabbing. Further exploration takes us to Ruby Falls, located off Red Cone Creek. Enjoy this picturesque freshwater swimming hole, filled with water lilies and smooth water-worn rocks to sit on and take in the tranquil surrounds. Marvel at the antics of infant whales as we cruise through the humpback breeding sanctuary of Camden Sound.
DAY 6: CAMDEN HARBOUR, ROTHSAY WATER
Early morning we take you pelagic fishing or join our guides in search of Kimberley rock oysters. Afterwards visit Camden Harbour, scene of a 19th-century sheep farming fiasco by early European settlers. In this rugged setting and harsh climate, the settlement failed miserably and was abandoned after less than two years. Mid afternoon we cruise towards Rothsay Water to take a tender excursion exploring ancient Bradshaw and Wandjina art.
DAY 7: PRINCE REGENT RIVER, KING CASCADE, CATHEDRAL FALLS
Cruising up the Prince Regent River, marvel at the pristine waterway that cuts through sandstone cliffs and gorges. We arrive at the King Cascade which is a spring-fed waterfall, surrounded by lush ferns and a myriad of wildlife. Climb above the falls for an unforgettable swim in a massive crystal clear pool. Be rewarded with a breathtaking view over the magnificent Prince Regent River in the distance – wilderness adventuring at its best! Late afternoon join our guides for an excursion to Cathedral Falls, while spotting crocodiles and flying foxes. Alternatively fish the Price Regent River which is renowned for big barra and threadfin salmon.
DAY 8: HANOVER BAY, BOOBY ISLAND
Enjoy a tender excursion around historic Hanover Bay and learn about the naming of Treachery Head and the exploits of explorer George Grey (1837). Cruise out past the scenic sandstone and basalt islands of Brunswick Bay. Marvel at the remote seabird colony of Booby Island and try your luck at pelagic fishing.
DAY 9: HEYWOOD & CHAMPAGNY ISLAND
Spend the day exploring the spectacular crystal clear beaches of Heywood and Champagny Island. Visit a historic secret radar base from World War II, which is a truly fascinating heritage site. Walk on a deserted beach then enjoy a refreshing swim. The final leg of your journey takes you towards Cape Leveque as you savour your last evening enjoying the sunset, whilst marvelling at the spectacular humpback whales.
DAY 10: CYGNET BAY, BROOME
This morning enjoy your last breakfast on board, then wave goodbye to the crew of the Kimberley Quest II before boarding a scenic flight back to Broome. On arrival (approximately 12.00pm) in Broome a courtesy vehicle will transfer you to your accommodation.
• Voyage on board in selected cabin category
• Expert expedition leader and team
• All meals while on board
• Coffee and Tea while on board
• All daily guided excursions
• Selected wine and beer with lunch and dinner
• Port charges/taxes
• Guest Lecturer and a Tasmanian Specialist
• Daily guided excursions on the Xplorer and Zodiac tender vessels, and kayaks where conditions allow
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Events, and Open Bridge Access with the Captain
• Comprehensive and fully guided sightseeing in each destination
• All entrance fees to National Parks and Ports
• This unique cruise looping from Broome to Broome visits some of the most remote, pristine and spectacular beaches in the world – perfect for beachcombing, swimming and relaxing.
• Enjoy an exhilarating tender ride through the Horizontal Waterfalls, a natural phenomenon of tidal whirlpools and huge volumes of water rushing through two narrow, closely aligned gorges.
• Watch the tide fall right before your eyes creating a waterfall effect as the reef rises out of the water on the amazing Montgomery Reef.
• Cruise along the Price Regent River and through the Prince Regent National Park: one of the great wilderness areas of Australia. This is where we get right up close as we nose the boat into the King Cascades waterfall.
• Throughout your cruise you will explore the land and climb above falls for unforgettable swimming adventures in crystal clear waterholes.
• View Windjina Aboriginal art hidden in caves dotted throughout the Kimberley Coastline and explore the stories dating back thousands of years that accompany them.
• There are several opportunities to fish tidal creeks for Barramundi, Threadfin Salmon, Mangrove Jack or try your luck at Pelagic fishing throughout your cruise.
09 September, 2021 to 18 September, 2021
20 September, 2021 to 29 September, 2021
30 August, 2022 to 08 September, 2022
08 September, 2022 to 17 September, 2022
19 September, 2022 to 28 September, 2022
28 September, 2022 to 07 October, 2022