Kingfisher Bay Resort
Family-Friendly Fraser Island Villa Escape with Roundtrip Ferry Transfers & A$100 Resort Credit
Experience island magic like nowhere else with a stay at Kingfisher Bay Resort, hidden on the UNESCO World Heritage-listed paradise of Fraser Island, just off the coast of Queensland. Voted one of Australia’s top 10 family resorts in the Holidays with Kids Magazine 2020 Readers’ Choice Awards and having been frequented by royals (hosting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Harry and Meghan, as well as Prince Charles), a stay at this eco-oasis promises to be unforgettable.
Just a 50-minute scenic ferry ride from Hervey Bay, it’s all too easy to reconnect with nature. From plunging into one of the more than 100 dune lakes, forest bathing in the rainforest or paddling along tranquil waters in a canoe, you’ll be spoilt for choice, all while soaking up the sub-tropical Queensland climate on the world’s largest sand island.
When you’re ready to relax, head back to the eco-resort – built on stilts to allow Fraser’s wildlife to hurry about their business unhampered – to enjoy a delicious meal and lavish cocktail at one of the several onsite restaurants and bars, including the brand-new Rainforest Bar. Take a dip in the lagoon-style swimming pool (there’s four to choose from), soak in the outdoor spa, enjoy a game of tennis, make use of watersports equipment available, or indulge in a luxurious treatment at the Island Day Spa.
3-5 nights from
- *Time Limited Offer – Buy Now, Choose Dates Later
The Resort – Fun-filled eco-resort on the edge of paradise
Discover island bliss on the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Fraser Island at the award-winning Kingfisher Bay Resort. You’ll never tire of things to do here: canoeing on crystal clear water, tasting bush tucker, enjoying a pampering massage in the Island Day Spa or going bush on a ranger-guided 4WD tour.
Lose yourself in the beauty of the island – the largest sand island on the planet. This is the only known destination where rainforest has sprouted from the sand. You’ll discover lush rainforest, rolling sand dunes, shimmering lakes and of course white sand beaches. Spend a day in search of the local wildlife, whether it be on land searching for birdlife and dingos, or out on the water in the hopes of spotting a dolphin, manta ray, dugong or even a migrating humpback whale.
After a day of adventure, return to the comforts of this eco-resort, voted one of Australia’s top 10 family resorts in the Holidays with Kids Magazine 2020 Readers’ Choice Awards. Blending seamlessly with the native surroundings thanks to stilts that allow Fraser’s wildlife to hurry about their business unhampered, this hidden paradise is the perfect place to slip into island living with four swimming pools, several restaurants, including the brand-new Rainforest Bar – set up high above the greenery and serving cocktails with a bush tucker twist, and unparalleled nature at your doorstep.
Your Handpicked Inclusions – Roundtrip ferry transfers, welcome drinks, sunset platter and resort experience credit
Your escape is all about relaxing and enjoying your time on this magical island. Let all your worries melt away right from the start, with roundtrip ferry transfers to get you from the mainland to the island. As your ferry gets closer to the island, look out for the verdant treetops and crescent moon beach, the first clues that you’re entering paradise.
The moment you step foot on the white sand, it’s time to switch on holiday mode. Dial-up the relaxation with a welcome cocktail or mocktail per person to enjoy in the brand-new Rainforest Bar or the Maheno Lounge Bar. Plus, end the day overlooking the water with a glorious golden sunset at the Sunset Bar with a delicious grazing platter to share and drink each. With A$100 resort credit to spend on exciting resort activities, like bush tucker tasting, archery or bush day tours, there’s never a dull moment during your escape.
Valid for travel from 18 October 2021 until 24 June 2022 (bookings must be made before 24 April 2022).
Blackout Dates Apply. Dates are identified in the Booking Calendar.
Package Inclusions: Inclusions are correct at the time of purchase. Refer to your booking confirmation for details.
Check Availability: To confirm your dates of stay at purchase, click on ‘Check Availability’ and select your preferred package. Use the calendar to browse and select available dates. Dates with a surcharge are identified.
Buy Now, Choose Dates Later: If you want to secure this offer and don’t know when you want to travel please select ‘Buy Now, Choose Dates Later’. This will secure your package and give you the flexibility to choose your travel dates — within the book by and validity period and subject to availability. To select dates post purchase, simply select ‘My Escapes’ under the ‘My Account’ tab and follow the prompts.
7-Day Change of Mind ‘No Questions Asked’ Refund Guarantee: Things don’t always work out. Our 7-day Change of Mind Guarantee is there to help. Bookings (except for Tour bookings and flights) may be cancelled with a full refund provided that cancellation occurs strictly within 7 days from the date of purchase and provided that the cancellation is made no less than 21 days prior to the check-in date.
Feel Like Changing Your Dates? No Worries… If your booking is with a property located in Australia or New Zealand you can make unlimited changes to the date of your hotel booking, as long as it’s at least 21 days before your original check-in date. If the property is located in any other country you may make unlimited date changes up to 1 day before check-in. This is provided you choose dates that are of an equal value and are available. Any change to booking dates is subject to availability and must be made online in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. Please note unlimited changes are not applicable for flights.
Dining inclusions do not include beverages (unless otherwise stated). Menus are subject to change without notice.
- Rainforest Bar: Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Guests may redeem their included cocktail or mocktail at Maheno Lounge Bar when Rainforest Bar is closed.
- Some restaurants and bars may not be open. Operational is seasonal and subject to number of guests staying.
- Resort Experience Credit: The included credit must be used during your stay. No minimum spend required. Any unused credit will be forfeited and is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Sunset Platter & Drink: Guests may redeem their choice of drink up to the value of A$15 each.
Roundtrip Ferry Transfers:
- Please note, ferry transfer does not include vehicles (full retail rate applies, and pre-booking separately with reservations staff is essential). Passenger ferry transfer timetable can be found here. Passenger ferry transfers will be booked for the 1pm sailing for arrival and 10.30am for departure. Times can be amended directly with the Reservations Team (subject to availability) after confirmation of your booking has been received.
- Guests are asked to arrive at Kingfisher Bay Resort Mainland Reception Office (located at Shop 7, River Heads Shopping Village, 54 Ariadne St, River Heads) at least 40 minutes prior to the ferry departure to allow enough time for check-in, ticketing, luggage collection and vehicle parking.
- A confirmation email and attachment will be sent by Kingfisher Bay Resort highlighting important information regarding arrival, check-in, luggage collection, tours and activities. It is important you check this email and attachment carefully and contact the resort with any discrepancies prior to arrival.
The property, facilities and dining are subject to government regulations and restrictions. Please check the property website for the most up-to-date information as some of the services may be impacted.
Luxury Escapes reserves the right to modify prices for marketing and commercial reasons. Please note that full terms and conditions apply. Refer to the website’s terms and conditions.
- Four swimming pools
- Three restaurants
- Four bars
- Gift shop
- Island Day Spa
- Safety deposit boxes
- Guest laundry (coin operated machines)
- Wi-Fi in hotel rooms (charge applies)
- Conference facilities
- General store
- Post Box and stamps
- Austec Playground
- Porter service
- 24-hour reception
- Major credit cards accepted (surcharges may apply)
- Water sports
- Check-in: 2pm / Checkout: 10am
Surcharges may apply to select facilities and services