South Australia: 4-Day Small-Group Gourmet Tour with Private Wine Tastings & All-Inclusive Luxury Outback Stay
Luxury Escapes has partnered with Gourmet Traveller to bring you the ultimate all-inclusive four-day small-group gourmet tour of South Australia (max. six travellers). Join us, in partnership with Gourmet Traveller, on a memorable adventure through the contrasting flavours of South Australia’s award-winning wineries and awe-inspiring outback.
Spoil your senses on this incredible journey that takes you through the picturesque Flinders Ranges, deep into the Barossa and Clare Valley, to experience exclusive vineyard access and private tastings. Take a tour of Henschke’s historic complex at Hill of Grace, join the owner of Wines by KT for a tasting and go behind the scenes with the team at Penfolds to uncover the prestigious collection’s secrets. Plus, indulge in gourmet dining experiences that showcase the region’s exceptional produce, including a plethora of tasting dishes at Harvest Kitchen and a two-course feast at Skillogalee.
Step away from the everyday and spend two nights witnessing the grandeur of Australia’s outback at Arkaba Homestead, a luxury homestead with only five guestrooms set amid 60,000 acres of protected wilderness. Traverse the rugged bush with expert field guides as they peel back the layers of Arkaba’s history and share their hopes for future conservation. Watch kangaroos bound across ancient lands and soak up blazing sunsets before returning to your boutique abode to share stories around the fire pit and clink glasses under a star-filled sky.
4 Days from
- *Time Limited Offer – Buy Now, Choose Dates Later
Take a gourmet tour of South Australia — Uncover the rich flavours and diverse beauty of the outback and wine country
A world away from city life, South Australia’s contrasting landscapes are a habitat for exceptional wines, gourmet produce and countless wildlife. Spoil your senses on this four-day gourmet small-group tour (max. six travellers), during which you’ll experience private wine tastings and exclusive vineyard access to three well-established wineries, indulge in delicious local fare and spend two nights in unparalleled outback luxury exploring ancient bushland with expert guides.
Arkaba Homestead — Witness the grandeur of Australia’s outback during an all-inclusive luxury stay
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime, all-inclusive two-night stay at Arkaba Homestead — a boutique abode set among 60,000 acres of private and protected bushland, deep in South Australia’s outback. Throughout your stay indulge in incredible local cuisine and enjoy all-inclusive alcoholic drinks, including fine South Australian wines.
A five-bedroom oasis amid a rugged landscape, this unique outback retreat offers an elevated level of service and a truly personable experience. Comfortable bedding promises a peaceful night’s sleep while exposed brick walls and traditional furnishings emphasise the building’s original rustic charm. A swimming pool overlooking Arkaba Creek is the perfect place to spend a moment’s peace and quiet, while the library’s deep leather chairs and large stone fireplace offer seclusion for a quiet drink and a good book.
The highlight of this exclusive stay are the surroundings: venture into the rugged landscape on twice-daily safaris, hosted by expert field guides who will curate your experience to suit your interests. Traverse the diverse terrain, keeping your eyes peeled for emus and kangaroos, and soak up panoramic views across the ranges from high ridges. Uncover the secrets behind this ancient land as you listen to engaging stories, then celebrate with a glass of local wine as the sky lights up with orange and pink hues, offering a sunset to remember.
Day 1: Adelaide — Barossa Valley
European heritage and Australian vitality beautifully infuse the fertile soils of the Barossa Valley — a rural haven for bespoke vineyards, historic cottages and magnificent churches. At 9am, set off in your luxury vehicle to explore this striking corner of South Australia. Your journey takes you north over the River Torrens and deep into Torrens Gorge — covering 400 square kilometres, this region is renowned for its unspoiled natural beauty and quaint country towns. On arrival in the Barossa, enjoy exclusive access to Henschke vineyards at Hill of Grace. Stand in awe of the ancient vines on a private tour of this historic winery and discover parts of the family-run complex still standing from the 1860s. After gaining an insight into the vineyard’s 150-year history, settle in your private tasting room to enjoy a variety of distinguished Henschke wines including The Hill of Grace. Cleanse your palate with a delicious lunch served at the award-winning Harvest Kitchen and experience Barossa’s best flavours with a selection of tasting plates showcasing regional produce. This afternoon, go behind the scenes with one of Australia’s most recognised winemaking teams at Penfolds. Indulge in the ultimate tasting and learn how Penfolds creates wines for its prestigious collection, then spend time relaxing among these world-famous vineyards. Your expert guide will tailor the remainder of the afternoon’s winery visits to your tastes before escorting you to your luxury accommodation at The Louise – a spacious and comfortable abode surrounded by picturesque vineyard landscapes.
Accommodation: Vineyard Suite at The Louise, Barossa Valley
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Barossa Valley — Clare Valley — Flinders Ranges
After breakfast, venture north through rolling pastures and historic villages into the Clare Valley. Your first stop of the day is Wines by KT, a boutique winery in the heart of the picturesque Watervale district that specialises in riesling. On arrival, take the opportunity to meet the owner, who has been a local winemaker since 1998, and enjoy an exclusive tasting. Afterwards, enjoy a beautifully prepared two-course lunch at Skillogalee and indulge in more of the region’s delicious produce. Continue your journey north into the nature-filled valleys of the Southern Flinders Ranges and the historic town of Melrose. Witness the magnificence of Mt Remarkable before travelling to the country towns of Wilmington and Quorn, keeping an eye out for yellow-footed rock wallabies, kangaroos, kookaburras and emus. Arrive at one of the most exclusive properties in Australia and your home for the next two nights, Arkaba – a luxurious wild bush homestead set on a remote 60,0000 acres of private wildlife reserve, limited to just 10 guests. Share an exceptional dinner with your new-found friends then gather around the fire pit with a glass of wine to admire this ancient landscape and its star-filled sky.
Accommodation: Arkaba Homestead
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Flinders Ranges
Wake up amid Arkaba’s striking high ranges and picturesque plateaus, carved by creeks and ancient valleys — an idyllic habitat for wildlife. Enjoy immersive wilderness experiences with a team of expert field guides — venture out on bush walks and safari drives, taking in stunning vistas across the hills and vast property boundaries. Learn about Arkaba’s conservation mission to protect the abundance of wildlife that bounds through its striking landscape as your expert guides reveal Arkaba’s hidden treasures and share engaging stories about the precious bush scape and its colourful history. Stop at scenic ridgetops to witness panoramic views of the surrounding ranges. On a clear day you may even spot Lake Torrens – the second largest salt lake in Australia. Afternoon drives present stunning sunsets; get your camera ready for fantastic photo opportunities and watch pink and orange hues cast a dimming light on the landscape.
Accommodation: Arkaba Homestead
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Flinders Ranges — Adelaide
Bid farewell to Arkaba and head back towards Adelaide through the beautiful Flinders Ranges, once again venturing through the historic town of Melrose to catch another glimpse of Mt Remarkable. Soak up the last of the stunning landscape and its quaint country towns before stopping for a delicious café-style lunch. Arrive back in Adelaide at 5pm, when you’ll say your final goodbyes to your travelling companions and expert guide. Choose to stay in the centre of town or continue to the airport with an included transfer.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Your comfort and safety are our number one concern. Our expert Tours team is working hard to ensure the highest health standards at every point of your journey. Find out more.
Book with confidence: You can rest easy knowing that should you not be able to travel as a result of Government travel restrictions, even right up to the day of departure, Luxury Escapes will assist you with a date change, provide you with a credit or process a refund for your booking less any non-recoverable costs. See below for full terms and conditions.
The ‘7 day change of mind guarantee’ does not apply for Tour bookings. Due to the high demand and limited departures any cancellation / refund requests must be made within 48 hours of purchase. Otherwise, the standard Refund Policy applies.
After you have made your booking, please follow the instructions on your confirmation email and ensure you complete your traveller information details within 48 hours.
This Tour package is valid for the following departure dates:
- 4 April 2021
- 11 April 2021
- 16 May 2021
- 13 June 2021
- 15 August 2021
- 29 August 2021
- 12 September 2021
- 19 September 2021
- 26 September 2021
NONE OF THESE DATES SUIT YOUR TRAVEL PLANS?
If you wish to travel on an alternate date to those listed above, or on your own private tour together with friends, please enquire for further information. Please note the following surcharges apply.
- A$5,599 per person (2-3 people)
- A$5,199 per person (4-6 people)
IMPORTANT: Please allow for travelling time. Flights are not included in your package and must be purchased separately. It is your responsibility to make your own travel arrangements and ensure that you arrive in Adelaide on your chosen tour start date.
- Select which package option you would like, taking care to choose the correct room capacity (Twin Share or Solo Traveller)
- Click on the green “Check Availability” tab
- Using the plus or minus adjust the number of people you would like to book then click the “View Available Dates & Prices” tab
- Click the blue “Select” button then the Green “Review & Payment” tab at the bottom right of the screen.
- Fill out your preferred payment method and click the green “Pay Securely Now” tab
- Once your order is complete, you will be prompted to complete a Booking Form so that we can fulfil your booking
- Your booking is confirmed once your Booking Form is submitted and you can begin the countdown to your Luxury Escape!
- You will then be contacted by one of our Dedicated Support Agents (within 48 hours) who will support you right up until you return from your journey
IMPORTANT: Twin-Share Package: The package is valid for ONE PERSON (based on twin share). If you are travelling with another person you must purchase TWO PACKAGES, otherwise please purchase a solo traveller package.
Please note that packages cannot be spilt.
This tour includes accommodation at the following hotels:
- Barossa Valley — The Louise (Vineyard Suite or similar) — 4-star
- Flinders Ranges — Arkaba Homestead (Guestroom) — 5-star
- Accommodation is subject to availability and may be substituted for a hotel of a similar or higher standard without notice.
- Rooms will be made available after 3pm on day of arrival. Checkout is required by 10am. Early check-in and late checkout are available at an additional fee.
- Maximum room capacity is two adults.
Pre & Post Accommodation
Pre- and post-tour accommodation can be booked to extend your stay before or after your tour. We highly recommend purchasing pre-accommodation. Please contact the Luxury Escapes Tours Concierge team on email@example.com for further information.
- Accommodation as specified
- All meals and drinks as specified in the itinerary
- All sightseeing and entrance fees as detailed in the itinerary
- The services of expert local guides
- Return private transfers to/from Adelaide Airport, central Adelaide hotels or private addresses on the first and last day only.
- Air-conditioned transportation throughout
- Return flights
- Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary
- Optional activities/tours, personal expenses/transfers not mentioned
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Tips and gratuities
- This tour is restricted to guests aged 18 years or older.
- If you wish to travel with children aged under 18 years, or on your own private tour together with friends, please enquire for further information. Please note that surcharges may apply.
- Minimum number for this tour to operate is two people.
- Maximum tour capacity is six people.
- Travel insurance is compulsory. Luxury Escapes recommends purchasing travel insurance as soon as possible after purchasing this package.
- Luxury Escapes can assist you in purchasing travel insurance through our preferred provider. Please enquire for further information and to see if our policy is suitable for you.
- Please note that baggage restrictions apply to your tour
- Passengers are permitted one piece of hand luggage and one suitcase
On occasion, porterage is not included, therefore at times, you may be expected to handle your own luggage where help may not be available. Please refer to inclusions if porterage is included.
Travellers should have a good level of physical fitness and mobility and must be able to negotiate uneven surfaces and climb stairs.
- In most cases Luxury Escapes can cater for special dietary requirements but please note that on occasion, this may not be possible due to location, lack of availability of ingredients, and other extenuating circumstances. It is always advised to carry supplies with you.
- Any dietary requirements must be received by Luxury Escapes at least 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date. Failure to provide these details by this date may result in an inability to cater for your requirements.
- Arrival and departure transfers are only available on the first and last day. Please note, arrival and departure transfers are included between the hours of 6am and 8pm. If you arrive outside these hours a supplement may apply. Please contact the Luxury Escapes Tours Concierge team on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- If booking a Twin Share package, transfers are based on two people sharing the one vehicle. If you are arriving on different flights at different times, a supplement will be charged for two separate vehicles.
- Please note “Private Transfers” refers to transfers that are exclusive for your Luxury Escapes group and may be shared amongst other members of your group if arriving on the same flight or another flight arriving within a 30-minute window.
- Flight details must be advised at last 30 days prior to your scheduled departure date. Failure to provide your confirmed flight details within this time period will result in forfeiting your transfer.
Valued Up To
The value and comparative savings have been determined based on published rack rates and the value of inclusions. Please be advised that rack rates may not be reflective of actual rates being charged, dependent on the timing and manner of your booking and therefore are only indicative of the level of saving.
Itinerary Amendments & Changes
Occasionally our itineraries are updated prior to departure to incorporate improvements stemming from past travellers’ feedback as well as updates from our ground operators. Please note that while we operate successful tours in this region throughout the year, some changes may be necessary due to inclement weather, public holidays, common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes, and unforeseen circumstances. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route. The order and timing of included activities may also vary from time to time.
Any prices quoted exclude specific costs/measures which may be introduced at a later stage as a result of Government changes due to COVID-19 health and safety restrictions. Luxury Escapes will inform its guests of these changes as soon as possible, these additional charges will be passed on by Luxury Escapes to the guest.
AMENDMENTS & CHANGES
Name Change or Corrections
- Name corrections may incur a fee.
- Name changes are not permitted.
- Free date changes are permitted within the 48-hour Change of Mind Guarantee
- Alternatively, date changes can be made up until 90 days prior to original travel date and are available via ‘My Escapes’, on request only
- Luxury Escapes will advise if the change is confirmed via email and provide an invoice for the following, subject to fees from third party suppliers, air and rail travel and hotels (cabins on cruises)
- Tours within Australia: A$50 per person
- Refunds permitted within 48 hours from booking
- After 48 hours, strictly no refunds or credits are permitted for this package
Change of Mind Guarantee
- All tours bookings have a 48 hour “Change of Mind Guarantee” where any monies paid within 48 hours of the initial purchase date will be refunded – no questions asked.
- Bookings outside the 48-hour “Change of Mind” window will be non-refundable.
- The ‘7-day change of mind guarantee’ does not apply for Tour bookings.
COVID related cancellations
For all new bookings made from 13 October 2020, if you can’t travel as a direct result of border closures or Government-imposed travel restrictions that directly impact your booking, Luxury Escapes will:
- allow you to change the dates of your tour,
- offer you a credit for another tour, or
- refund the full value of your tour, less any third-party costs that Luxury Escapes can’t recover (including from airlines and tour providers)
Luxury Escapes reserves the right to modify prices for marketing and commercial reasons. Please note that full terms and conditions apply. Refer to website’s terms and conditions.